With the start of the 1692 patent granted to Andrew Gibb, Islip Hamlet began a glorious journey through its settlement and growth, eventually becoming the seat of the Town government. Illustrated through narrative, photos, and maps, this exhibit depicts how one tiny colonial village blossomed to develop a Town Hall, a National Bank, a nationwide clamming industry, the finest schools in Suffolk County, thriving tourism, and its own airport.
Victoria Berger
Exhibit Highlights
Historical Society of Islip Hamlet Est. 1992